Saturday, May 15, 2010

Swapping Sistahs! Part 7

Today is the seventh installment of Swapping Sistahs! Belinda was our kit designer this month and she provided papers in lovely shades of green, grey, and brown. To change things up there was also a piece of vellum in the mix. As I love to do challenges last minute and I had just gotten my new Waltzingmouse Stamps in the mail, it seemed right to perform the challenge and play with my new stamps at the same time. For this card I chose to bring out Waltzingmouse Stamps - Earth Angel. Belinda always uses this set and she was the driving factor in my getting it from all the beautiful projects she's done with it. So this is a very Belinda-inspired card today that I am sharing with you.



I also got to try two new techniques with this card. I tried out my new Antique Linen distress ink (inspired by Claire Brennan's spectacular use of this particular color)...I know my use pales in comparison, but I do think it turned out kinda fun. Another technique I used was masking. I first had the little girl just as a little girl, but then I wanted to use the great sentiment "Friends are kisses blown to us by Angels" and well, I needed to make her into an angel with some a pair of the fun wings included in the set. So, I quickly tried my hand at masking! If I hadn't of told you, would you have noticed that the wings were a late add-on?

Anyway, the card was super fun to make. I can't wait to play with more of my new stamps this weekend so I can participate in the blog waltz (see top right sidebar). I hope you can join us too!

3 comments:

B said...

Man, Laurie, you're always on top of it! Haha, with graduation this weekend, it totally slipped my mind! I adore your card though! The distressing is lovely (hope we'll see more of it!) and the sentiment on the vellum is fab!

jmarmon said...

Great job of adding on the wings. I never would have known it wasn't part of the original plan. Very good use of color and design.

Pauline said...

Lovely card, love the paper piecing and the punched border. Pauline x