Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me

Today marks my 28th birthday...I'm getting old! Looking forward to tonight though when I have dinner with DH and friends. I got away with low key last year since I was traveling but this year DH organized a little fun for me. Isn't he sweet?

I have a fun layout to show today. I finished a few over the weekend as I try and complete our honeymoon book about Peru. Not too many pages left! This one is about our little friend we brought home with us. His name is Hubert (named after one of our trek guides). We had fun photographing Hubert around Peru. :)


For this page I had a little fun with my white gel pen to add a few bits of interest. I outlined the stickers I used in my title and the accent papers. We were going for the look of the Travelocity gnome for these pictures. It was fun to see the sites from a different, if blurry perspective.

DETAILS:
Paper - Patterned (K&Co), Solid (Martha Stewart)
Embellishments - Letter Stickers (Piggy Tales), White Gel Pen (Sakura), Circle Cutter (Fiskers)

Challenges:

5 comments:

Stephanie Gruss said...

Ha ha ha! Hubert is AWESOME! I love the layout and the cute accents with the gel pen!

Lisa B said...

This is absolutely hysterical! I was going to do the same thing with a marshmellow Peep since my family is obsessed with them! You did a great job on the layout.

jmarmon said...

I like how you outlined the letters with the gel pen. I have been struggling with some dark letters and how to make them stand out better. I will practice with your idea and see if it will work for my page.

jmarmon said...

I like how you outlined the letters with the gel pen. I have been struggling with some dark letters and how to make them stand out better. I will practice with your idea and see if it will work for my page.

savvy teaching tips said...

Cuuute page. Hubert is adorable. Great work with the stickers. Thanks for joining us this week at Practical Scrappers.