Thursday, May 27, 2010

Graduation Card

Forgot to post this card on the day I was supposed to since I was so worried about the recipient seeing it before they got it.

So here's a little graduation card I did to try out my new distress ink, a present I received for my birthday. I tried out the water spritz technique after applying the ink. I like how as it dries you get to really see the final result materialize before your eyes. :) I will admit that the first scalloped circle went to the trash because I put WAY too much water on it. This second attempt was only one spray.



I also tried out my sewing machine once again. I really am liking the kraft paper with brown sewing around the edges and then distressing it. For one, this lets me somewhat hide the not so straight sewing job. I'm working on it but it's a practice makes perfect thing. Finally, a slight modification to the little graduation hat in the recipient's school colors and it was set.

Congrats once again Stephanie!

By the way, this card was my entry for the "Out of the Box" challenge over at Scrap Our Stash. Be sure to check it out. Great prizes this month!

1 comment:

B said...

Yay for a fun new technique tried! Love the effect... Almost confetti like for a graduation card. ;-)