Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A little Thank You

Over at Paper Crafts Connection they put out an open call for submissions for their 2010 Gallery Idol. My friend Belinda did the competition last year and got all the way to the Top 5! (Woot!) I know there isn't much chance for me to get that far but I thought it would be fun to make a little card audition anyway. The theme was "thank you."



I decided to get out my little Silhouette for this card. It doesn't always get a ton of love, but I must remember to use it because it is quite versatile. I cheated and cut out "Thank" in every one of my papers so that I would have all to choose from when I finally glued down the final choices. This also gives me an opportunity to make four other cards with the rest of the remaining letters. (Well, that is what could be assumed, except when I decided to outline the first layer of letters, my pen slipped and colored in the letter so I have two layers of letters on this card. But that still gives me three more card combinations to make!)

I finished off the card with a "you" stamp from my collection. I like the signature-style "you" paired with my more block-styled "thank." Simple and sweet, but always good to have on hand.

DETAILS:
Paper - Solid (Wausau Papers), Patterned (Basic Grey Offbeat)
Stamp - "you" (EK Success), Ink (Colorbox)
Tools - Silhouette Die Cut Machine, Museo font in Illustrator

2 comments:

Stephanie Gruss said...

I really like that font and the way you used complimentary but different papers. It really is a cute card and it comes together well! Good luck in the competition!

B said...

LOVE the different papers for each of the letters! :) Fab job! They really stand out against the kraft.