Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Scraplift Challenge @ Scrap Our Stash

This month's challenge over at Scrap Our Stash is to scraplift a page that has been posted on the blog before or use a sketch. For my take on the challenge I looked through many of the wonderful pages that have been done by the Scrap Our Stash Design Team and came across this one by DT member Danielle:





I loved the way that she had used strips of patterned paper to make an interesting background to her main images, all while using a neutral paper as the base. For my patterned papers, I tried to bring out the teal, purple and brown found in my photos. This layout is about the train that goes between Cusco to Aguas Calientes, the town near MachuPicchu. The train ride was a great way to see some of the countryside, mountains, and the river flowing by it. We rode the train to a from MachuPicchu on our trip with our trek group.


There's definitely time to do your own scraplift for the April Challenge! Head over to Scrap Our Stash for all the details. There's a guest DT spot up for grabs!

DETAILS:
Paper - Solid (Martha Stewart), Patterned (Daisy D, K&Co)
Embellishments - Buttons (Stash), Marker Border, Letter Coins (Making Memories)

1 comment:

B said...

Hmm, I don't remember seeing this. Man, I've been behind on my blogs. Love the effect of the scrap papers -- what a fabulous way to use up those strips!