Tuesday, April 27, 2010

First Sewing Project!

Here's my first attempt at putting stitching in my scrapbook layouts! It was quite fun! I tried my hand at the zig-zag stitch on my new little machine. I did do the cheat where pieces were already glued down and then did the sewing. I'm not that talented to actually adhere it with the stitching.



This page is about one of our tours of Cusco. At one point we had a great vantage point to see a good portion of the city in its valley amongst the mountains. What a view, eh?

This layout also follows the sketch over at Creative Scrappers exclusive for their challenge with Scrapbook Nook. It's been a fun month over at there as they celebrate their birthday month throughout April. Not too many days left to get in the action, so be sure to hop over there for some great scrapbook inspiration!

One element I like about this layout is the chipboard braces. I decided to do the little trick that I had done back on this page with some more chipboard. This time I did the same paper as my background paper for some tone on tone action. This goes along with the altered embellishment challenge over at Creative Prompts.

I think I'll see some more sewing in my future for my scrapbook layouts. :) What a great early birthday present! My DH is the best!

TIP: To get an uppercase letter out of a set of Thickers that are all lowercase, consider using the numbers. Here I used the zero for my capital letter!

Thanks for stopping by!

DETAILS:
Paper - Patterned (Blue - Pressed Petals, Green - American Crafts A La Carte), Solid (Martha Stewart)
Embellishments - Chipboard (Stash), Border Punch (Fiskers), Distressing, Alphabets (American Crafts - Thickers), Ribbon (Target)
Sketch - Creative Scrappers

2 comments:

Allison Cope said...

Fabulous layout Laurie! Love your altered chipboard! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Ally
http://creativeprompts4u.blogspot.com/

Hanneke said...

Love how you did this and love your stitching!!! Thanks for playing with CP4U!!!!