Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine's Day Mailbox

With the holiday coming up I knew I needed to get to work on finishing DH's present. Seems mean to work on it when he's at home by making him stay away from the living room, so I wanted to make sure to finish it before the weekend.

Thought this would be a great time to try out the altering of those little Target mailboxes found in the $1 section of the store. I saw all the threads on Splitcoast about them, so when I saw some on a trip to Target when they first put the Valentine's Day stuff out I knew I wanted to grab them quickly. Mountain View must not have too many paper crafters in it because there has been a little stash of them each time I go, but I'm happy with my four that I bought before. And with now learning how simple it is to alter these cute things, I just might finish up the other three in time for Vday.

So for this little box, I kept it simple as it is for my DH. Not too frilly, but yet still fun. :)



I packed in a little treat (the movie Juno come to mind?) too. I got a bunch of these orange tic tacs right after we watched the movie together and I get them occasionally when I see them at the store. With the mailbox as my inspiration I went on the hunt for a bunch more and have it full with them just like in the movie. Paired up with the card in the post before this one, I'm all set with DH's present!




Thanks for stopping by!

DETAILS:
Paper - K&Company
Ribbon - Michaels
Mailbox - Target
Tutorial - http://emilygiovanni.com/?p=1520

No comments: