Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday Morning Sketches Guest Designer Week 2!

Thank you everyone for your nice comments about my Tuesday Morning Sketches project for week one of my guest designer position. I'm back again in this post for my week 2 assignment. This week's sponsor is DRS Designs, with the offer to win a $10 gift certificate to one lucky participant in the challenge! Here's the challenge sketch...



This little card was time consuming but a nice change of pace for me. I wanted to check out what all this "sewing on cardstock" stuff was all about, and while I don't have a sewing machine, I thought hand sewing would work just fine. I do like the effect that my jagged little stitch does to the overall effect of this card, but SEWING BY HAND TAKES FOREVER! Add on top of that the bright idea to create my own patterned paper (with stamp H342 Open Heart Border) and paper piecing with Basic Grey Sugar Rush. This is one time consuming card....but it turned out even better than I expected and just how I was imagining it.



A fun part I like about this card is the ability to use one of my other DRS Designs stamps I got awhile back (A420 Tiny Frog). Also, I thought it only appropriate to have a little more fun by completing the inside of the card too.


One consolation for all this work on this card is that even if I did have a sewing machine, I don't know if I would have gotten all these stitches to come out like I did by hand. That circle was hard enough by hand! But I'm not afraid to try a new technique and maybe you'll see more sewing on my cards in the future...

Thank you to Melissa at Tuesday Morning Sketches for the great opportunity to try out this sketch and Cathy at DRS Designs for the stamps and sponsoring!

Hope you enjoyed your visit!

DETAILS:
Paper - Patterned Paper (Basic Grey Sugar Rush 6x6), Solid White (DCWV)
Embellishments - Ribbon (Joann's), Dimensionals for circle (3M), Embossing Powder (A La Mode), Glue Pen Handwriting (Sakura)
Techniques - Sketch (Tuesday Morning Sketches #32), Paper piecing, Hand-sewn stitching

1 comment:

Melissa Craig said...

Your card came out so wonderfully! I can't believe you did all that hand stitching but it really gave it something special!