Thursday, February 11, 2010

Caardvarks Wedding Card Challenge

I was interested in Caardvarks' CARDS challenge to make a wedding card for the chance to be published in an upcoming issue. I have a wedding I'll be heading to come the end of March, so I figured this would be a great opportunity to get ahead and create my card for the happy couple. 

I started this card with the stamp, which is from JustRite. As for the color, that just kinda happened as I went along. It was first going to be brown, but the silver embossing (and I'm a silver girl anyway rather than gold) was calling for attention to be used. Then the quest for the perfect paper to go along with my silver tag.  I found it in a DCWV mat stack I got when I wanted to try out a black/white card. For the record, this is finally my first one.

The result turned out better than I thought it would and I'm pleased to be able to give this card to my friends. :)


DETAILS:
Paper - Patterned (DCWV La Creme MatStack), Solids (Paper Imaginations)
Stamp - Mr. & Mrs. Stamp (JustRite), Embossing Powder (A La Mode)




2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a stunner Laurie!!!! Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Beautiful and so elegant! I love the crisp black and white!

(-: Heidi