Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Santa Cruz Boardwalk

Here are two layouts I haven't shared yet but were finished before I went to Las Vegas. These pictures are about a year old and when we met up with DH's cousins for some fun on the Santa Cruz Boardwalk. I took the liberty to use some more outlandish colors and these bold stripes to go along with the fun of the place.



The log ride photo is one of those that you buy after the ride. One of the cool things is that the photo comes in a fancy little photo holder and by cutting it up a bit, I had the "Santa Cruz Boardwalk" wording on my page! It was also some of the inspiration for the colors in the layout papers.



The second page is of a photo DH took of one of the rides. I just really like this picture and wanted it to be the focus yet still match with the other page to make a set. I included punched circles glued at different levels to add some interest and then some fun chipboard elements from my stash. I also tried out layering border punch borders and I'm really liking the look! Finally, I had a little fun with my white gel pen and added lots of dots to many of the red layers. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

DETAILS:
Paper - Blue Swiss Dot (Bazzill), Solid and Patterned (Crate Paper)
Embellishments - Border Punch (Fiskers), Circle Punch (EKSuccess), Chipboard circles (Colorbok), Chipboard butterfly (Making Memories), Enjoy Chipboard (Making Memories), Labels 1 Die-cuts (Spellbinders), White Gel Pen (Sakura)

1 comment:

Stephanie Gruss said...

Yay! It's fun to see some of these memories on paper! (Also, if I run out of ideas when I make my SC Boardwalk pages, I may just case yours!) I like the colors and the way you used the photo holder!