Monday, August 30, 2010

Bay To Breakers 12K

Happy Monday everyone! I have a two-pager about the 12K that I ran in May of this year to share today.



I finished this page over the weekend, having started it on Thursday conceptually. It uses 5x7's, a size I don't normally try to use in multiples on a page. These were the pro photos taken at the race. I also have some huge bib numbers to deal with. Taking those things into account this had to be a two page spread!



I enjoy the puzzle piece look of a stripe of photos/memorabilia on pages so I took that as my challenge to fit everything on. Adding in some photos we took ourselves, the course information from the race guide, DH's timing chip and some journaling the puzzle came together pretty nicely! Then...a title/embellishments....

As I'm just getting into using my little Silhouette machine again due to its easier accessibility, I searched for a SVG file of the Golden Gate. Turned out to be super easy to find and a few unsuccessful attempts at getting the cutting right had the third attempt being what you see here. I'm pretty proud of that title work! Overall, I'm really pleased with how this spread turned out. I hope you do too.

Now the next running spread will hopefully be a successful Half Marathon race. I'm doing the training now. My (targeted) race is in November.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

jmarmon said...

That bridge turned out very nice and professional. I thought it was something that you found in a scrapbook store. It was just perfect for the SF layout.