Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Grad Formal 2009

I'm catching up on a 2009 layout today. The event was the Stanford Grad Student Formal. As there were many of the gang that were attending Stanford at the time the girls convinced the guys that we all should go. I don't remember who it was that decided we should all dress up fancily, but it was fun to do so, although not required. Held at the Mountain View Computer History Museum, it was an evening of dancing, music and fun. Before the dance we all went to a little diner in downtown Palo Alto in our fanciness...a thing that caused a little confusion to the other patrons there as we show up in dresses and tuxes yet we were not of the high schooler age.



For this layout I decided to use more of the formal pictures. I didn't go to Homecoming or Prom so I guess that's why I wanted to finally be able to do one of those types of layouts. (The formal pic of DH and myself was a student group providing "prom pics" for a small donation.) The other two pictures are out on the dance floor and at the diner.

I just love the font of these American Crafts Thickers, don't you? I'm a Thicker fanatic, but these have to be one of my favorites and I'm so happy to have gotten to use them! I had the layout about complete yesterday but it was definitely missing something in the top left. I'm not one that puts big embellishments on my pages, but after doing the Scrap Our Stash August challenge earlier in the week (that page will be shown soon) I was all into the make-your-own flower mode and tried this one with my crepe paper. It's a modified version of a tissue paper flower tutorial I found in an old issue of Creating Keepsakes. I distressed the flower with my distress ink and pulled the layers apart, finishing it off with a few pearls.

As I didn't think journaling fit too well, I decided to journal on the back so to remember the fun of the evening. I also taped up some of the funnier pictures on the back cause they were already printed out anyway but not enough for another full page layout. It will just be a hidden surprise later! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: