Thursday, August 12, 2010

Key West Revisited

I previously posted some pages on our trip to Key West and southern Florida. Here's yet another about visiting the shipwreck museum. This was actually one of the great highlights of the trip as it was interesting to just hear about Key West's fortune-laden past from collecting from the various shipwrecks along the islands. The museum is housed in the original lookout tower and is full of things that were salvaged. I highly recommend visiting it if you are ever in the area. Then, on the top is the bell to signal if you've seen a shipwreck. None on our watch though....


I tried a new technique on this page. Instead of just a solid paper or a patterned paper as my background I decided to cut up a patterned paper in triangles on my page. I glued the down but then did some sewing around each piece with my trusty sewing machine in a zig-zag stitch. For the first time attempting this, I'm pretty impressed with the result! I think it gives the page a little more personality, don't you think? Then I thought my color palate went perfectly with these fun cursive letters by Colorbok. I have been meaning to use them for a while. Some accents with some more Colorbok chipboard and the layout was deemed finished!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

jmarmon said...

Your choice of color really sets the mood of the page. I like the triangles and stitching in the background. You really captured the playful mood of treasure hunting.