Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sometimes good things take time...

So in May I posted a layout about my trip to the Great American Ballpark with my bestest friend in Cincinnati. It fit the Waltzingmouse Stamps waltz theme for red, white and blue. It used the Bitty Banners from WMS.



I was happy with it, but after taking the picture of it to put on the blog, the layout sat out of an album (I need to reorganize what I'm doing with my albums since the latest one is bursting...but that's for another time). Every time that I came into my craft space I felt there was something missing to the layout. So one day I just tried a few more things: added the white stars from the Way Out West WMS set and the chipboard sayings. I also had the bright idea to emboss the stars....

DO NOT PUT A HEAT GUN BY SPORTS TICKETS!

I accidentally started to turn the tickets on the layout black on the side! So then the layout sat out of an album again for a few weeks. I needed something to hide that unsightly burn mark. Enter the star from The Craft's Meow set designed by Claire of WMS! This was what I needed for the theme of red, white and blue and the baseball theme of the pictures.



So here's what it now looks like. I think I'm finally happy that the layout has that extra punch that it was lacking. I even added a baseball with an epoxy pop dot sticker. Nothing like making your own embellishments! What do you think? The second round a bit better? Would you have even known that I had burned the tickets if I hadn't told you?

No comments: