Sunday, March 20, 2011

Yes, I'm alive...

It's been a little while since my last blog post, yes. I did just want to drop in a quick moment to say that I am still alive. And I have a little card to show that I haven't put on the old blog yet, so thought this would be the perfect time to do so.

The past few weeks have been interesting in my job life, but that should be settling down here pretty soon. With that settling, it should give me a bit more time, which is hopefully some craft time, since I won't be worrying about it as much anymore. Of course, school is always bound to pick up. This week I have a midterm to study for so even though I have a little time right now and my craft desk is calling my name, I'm going to be a good student and keep to the books tonight. (Hence, this side track into at least a blog post.)



So the card I have to share today was one I submitted to the recent Paper Crafts Go-To Sketches call. Unfortunately the sketch that I chose was also one of the most popular so it had a lot of competition. But I got out my cute little Critters in the Burbs stamps from Lawn Fawn for this one. I also used some patterned tape that is all the rage in the scrapping world, a find from the Michael's $1 bins. I think it came out cute, don't you think?

In other news, I did head over to the Scrapbook Expo that was held in Pleasanton on Saturday. I forgot about the possibility of paying for parking, so it was a little high to get in plus parking, but I made the best of it since I'd already made the trip in the rain. Loved looking at all the papers and embellishments. I tried to get a few pieces that would be fun to use for a little something different and also as possible Counterfeit Kit pieces. And thank goodness for those exhibitors that took credit card, cause most of my cash went to my ticket and parking! The one that didn't...well, they didn't get my business...

But of course the best part about Saturday was seeing one of my favorite crafters!! Ren-Yi was in town due to a wedding and we met up at a local In-N-Out Burger for lunch and the mall. It was way too short a visit but good all the same. She has the photos or I would post them now. We talked crafts when we had a free moment of course. So glad that we were able to meet up. :)

So, thanks for sticking with me on this little hiatus. I sure can't wait for summer when it will be just working and crafting like the good old days in Peoria. This whole student thing is just cramping my crafting style!

No comments: