Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday Morning Sketches Celebration Week 3

Over at Tuesday Morning Sketches a celebration is going on. A year anniversary is happening with challenges that let you pick your own sketch (one of the 52 from the year) to participate. This week's sponsor is Lindsay's Stamp Stuff. They have very cute images over there so be sure to take a peek. And in order to win, be sure to head over to the challenge blog, find a sketch that speaks to you, and create!

Back in February I was a guest designer for Tuesday Morning Sketches. I was just tickled to be asked to design! It was my very first "gig." Now, as a means of celebrating the year previous guest designers were asked to help with each week of the July month by creating a card from their favorite sketch.

Using three images from the Birds & Branches set from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff, the sketch that spoke to me was Sketch #44.



Here's the sketch:



And here's my take:



I decided to fussy cut around the entire image and set it upon some blue Bazzill swiss dot paper. Then, as the theme this week is "thinking of summer," I used some fun patterned paper. I made the card base and my mat to match my coloring of one of the bird houses in the image. The images are super simple to color and even easy to cut out. Thank you, Lindsay's Stamp Stuff, for being this week's sponsor!

Remember, you have until Sunday to get your entry in! Be sure to check out what the other designers did with the summer theme here.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Melissa Craig said...

Fabulous card Laurie! I love that set you chose, it's one of my favorites!! Your detail work is awesome! Thanks for celebrating with us this week.