Thursday, September 24, 2009

Caardvarks: Sketchfest Thursday

Hanging in there in the Caardvarks Sketchfest? We're on day 5!

Here's my take on the sketch for Sketchfest Thursday. I'm a little later than usual with my card post but I did have fun making it. I used inspiration from the design team and used a big flower as my side focal point. Then I had a heck of a time trying to figure out what to do with the group of three. Finally it came down to just smaller flowers! Yay! See, simple! Now how come it took me like 3 hours to come up with that? :)

Like that ribbon I used? Yea, it was originally a light tan and I could barely read the "Happy Birthday." Add some darker marker to it and "tada" now the text pops! I'm so happy that that part worked out easily.

Alright, it's late...enough of my rambles. Good luck to all the other participants and thanks all for your lovely comments!




DETAILS:
Paper - Flowers cut from Colorbok 12x12 sheets, Dot paper by K & Company
Ribbon - "Happy Birthday" by Martha Stewart
Button - Dress it Up

2 comments:

suzARTe said...

such a lovely card. The flowers look really pretty

lauren bergold said...

what a gorgeous color palette you've used and i am so diggin' your lovely flowers! (ps: that ribbon treatment is positively BRILLIANT!!!)