Wednesday, March 18, 2009


Thought I would show that I don't just make scrapbook pages. Of course, the last post is about my invites, but I also make a few non-scrapbook page things when there isn't a wedding to plan for! This is a card that I made on a whim yesterday for Steve. We had a shaky start to the morning with stress and I wanted to do something for him that would let him know that I was thinking about him throughout the day.

It's just a simple card really. Embellishments are only in the paper and some rub-on words that I had in my scrapbook stuff. I do find that cards are a great way to finally get to use some of the stuff that sits in the crafty piles that usually gets overlooked. For this card, it was some rub-on sayings that have been traveling around in my goodies for quite some time. The paper used here was a random sheet I found in a 50% off bin at my favorite Clinton, Iowa, store. I thought the paper was appropriately masculine (haven't quite moved into making Steve flower-y cards yet) and then once I started using it, I was kinda sad I had only bought one sheet cause the different patterns in it make for different kinds of looks. I really liked the blue swirly pattern, even though some of the other pattern tends to go more gold. I brought out the purple line with use of the purple cardstock (no way that my limited color supply was going to match that teal!). I think it brought that little bit of purple out nicely. Inside gets all mushy so I'll just leave you with the outside, but I did continue to use the blue swirls on the inside too. :)

Although, I am finding one problem now that I've come to California....my adhesive doesn't want to stick! Any suggestions? Maybe I just can't use cheap Walmart or Michaels adhesive here?

1 comment:

B said...

Loving your cards! :-) Sure steve loved it!