Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tag! You're It! Post 1

Hello there! I was able to finish up a tag for Claire's Tag! You're It! contest going on right now. Claire and the Waltzingmouse Stamps design team want to see beautiful Christmas tags for the chance at winning an awesome prize. I thought it would be fun to participate and try something new. (I've never made my own tags before)



So here's my first tag (I have another up my sleeve to post too). This one uses 4, yes 4!, Waltzingmouse Stamp sets. I'm quite impressed with that feat. I wanted to try out my new Label 14, Compliments of the Season, and Text It stamps, but then I thought it was missing something so added in a tag shoulder from Labels 1. I went with a kraft, Broken China distress ink, and silver color scheme.

I got the tag part done fairly easily on the weekend, but it took finding just the right ribbon on a side trip to Michaels to finish it up. I then tried out some ribbon combinations on both ends of the tag, but eventually went with these fun snowflake brads. Aren't they fun?

Be sure to check out the challenge over on Claire's blog. There's plenty of time yet to play! Good luck!

2 comments:

B said...

Oooh fun use of the tag shoulders! Lovely!

Ren-Yi said...

love the text on the tag. very very classy.