Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Farewell Peoria

I suppose it is only fitting that I decided to do this page about Peoria this week. This past weekend DH and I headed to Peoria for a wedding for two good friends. Here's a picture from the event.



It was the first time I had been back there since the week of the photo in this layout. I thought this photo went well for a layout based on Sketch #96 at Creative Scrappers and served as a nice break from some of the Peru layouts. I'm working hard to catch up all of 2009 yet!

Here's the sketch:






Here's my take:



I haven't done many layouts that are not jam-packed with photos, but sketches are a great way to have me step out of my comfort zone. Also, they offer a great way to have me scrap some of those events that I might not have done due to only one or two photos of note. I carried through the Mexican restaurant theme we were at by using some fun patterned paper from American Crafts. The rub-ons are also from American Crafts, which satisfies the challenge over at Practical Scrappers (a new scrapbook challenge blog I recently found).

DETAILS:
Paper - Solid (Martha Stewart), Patterned (American Crafts - A La Carte)
Embellishments - 1" Circle Punch (EKSuccess), Corner Punch (EKSuccess), Circle Cutter (Fiskers), Circle Journaling Stamp (Autumn Leaves), Ink (Excelsior Green), Alphabet Rub-Ons (American Crafts - Eddie)
Sketch - Sketch #96 at Creative Scrappers

(And remember there's blog candy for my 100th post! Check out this post for more details!)

5 comments:

Stephanie Gruss said...

I really like this page. Your circles are great! I love this photo too!

Joni Parker said...

This layout is awesome! Great job on the sketch! Your colors are great. So glad you found us at Practical Scrappers...can't wait to see more of your work!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

So very pretty! I love looking at wedding pictures. The rubons you used are fabulous! Thank you for using your Rubons with Practical Scrappers this week. Hope to see more of your work.
Hugs
Tanya

Julia Aston said...

what a great page! love the circles and colors you used!

Unknown said...

fantastic take on the sketch. Love the circles, colors, and the rubons! Thanks for playing at Practical Scrappers this week!
Blessings,
Kim xXx