Friday, July 23, 2010

St. Pete Beach

(If you are looking for the Scrap Our Stash Christmas in July Blog Hop post, please visit here.)

Another layout from our trip to Florida. This was us heading to the beach in the morning for a little relaxing swim before the busy part of the day of attending a wedding on that same beach in the afternoon. A simple page but it's always good to have a few complicated pages and then a few not so when they will be next to each other in the book, right? I followed the sketch over at Creative Scrappers and the prompt over at Creative Prompts 4 U.

Here's the sketch:



Here's my take:



I wanted that blue sky to pop so I went with a neutral background. I found the tropical paper in my scraps and cut two strips. I tried putting more but it then looked cluttered, so I stuck with two. Found the little bottle cap embellishment in my stash so thought it would be fun to use. The chipboard is from my stash too.

Challenges:
Creative Scrappers #112
Creative Prompts 4 U #22 (paradise in a picture)

No comments: