Wednesday, February 24, 2010

February 10 Challenge @ Scrap Our Stash and Tutorial

I got another Peru layout finished! This one is a two-pager about our second day of hiking through the Andes Mountains in Peru. If you're interested in seeing more pages about our trip I have finished, click here.

At first I didn't know how I was going to get all these good photos included in the layout. Do you ever have that thought that 12x12 (much less two of them) just isn't enough real estate? Eventually I figured out how to trim enough to make 10 of the photos to fit but yet still tell the story of the hike. As you might notice, we had a variety of weather on the second day: from being hot from the sun to rain and cold (like my yellow poncho?).



This layout is for the February challenge over on Scrap Our Stash, a new challenge blog I found helpful in getting me to do scrapbook layouts.

A Little Tutorial:

If you're interested in knowing how I did the scalloped shapes in this layout, here's a little tutorial.

1. Start with cardboard shape of your choice. I got this one at Michaels in their $1 bin as a little mini album, but I just wanted to use the shapes separately.



2. I cut the shape in half because I was trying out where I wanted it for the layout (but this is optional).

3. On the backside of the paper, trace the shape.

4. Cut out the shape following your traced lines, but cut a little outside the lines.



5. Glue the paper to the shape. It should be overlapping the shape.



6. Use a distresser tool to go around the edges of the shape. This folds and cuts the paper around the shape.


I wish to thank you for stopping by! Hope to see you again....

DETAILS:
Paper - Solid (Martha Stewart), Patterned (K&Co, Colorbok)
Title - Font (Markerfelt), Die-cut (Silhouette)
Embellishments - Buttons (Stash), Cardboard Shape (Michaels)

3 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is a fabulous LO! TFS the fun tutorial, too!!

Lydia said...

great use of the chipboard!!

Monique said...

Awesome layout!! Great Idea with the chipboard....Looks like alot of fun in the pictures :).

Thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog :) have a great weekend..